September 18, 2008

I'm feeling sort of melancholy today. I'm not sure if we're going to keep our new new dog Reubix. He doesn't listen to me very well and attacked a little dog. While I was trying to put him back into his collar (that he slipped out off) he bit my hand. I love little animals and am very disappointed that this cute doggie that is so sweet at home. could be so vicious!

So, to make myself feel a little better I am going to post a little write up I did for my painting "Two become one". This explains /real/ love, unlike my dog's love. It's going to be used for a marriage conference, and I'm very excited about it. I'll post more about that when the time comes. Anyway, my husband is very dear to me. He's a very precious man, and we have a very special relationship. I am /so/ thankful for that.




"Two Become One" is a very special piece to me. My love for my husband is second only to my love for my God and the fact that God made the two of us for one another overwhelms me with love and adoration for them both. I was reading the other day and was struck by the realization that the picture of the relationship between a husband and wife is God's way of showing us the intimacy Christ desires to have with us as His Bride, the Church. That is so awesome!

The characters in many of my paintings don't have faces; I want to use the entire painting to convey my emotions in the painting. So much so, that the face is unnecessary or that the presence of the face would inhibit or limit your experience. The lack of a face also symbolizes the already, but not yet aspect of the kingdom of God; the idea that God isn't finished using our life experiences to mold us into the man or woman he's created us to be. For now we know in part, but someday, when we see Christ, we will know fully even as we are fully known.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something!