August 25, 2009

Don't you think it's strange that I've been reading?

"Don't you think it's strange that I've been reading?"
16x20
acrylic on canvas

This painting is directly inspired by the lyrics of a song called "Eating a Book" by the band He is Legend. The first verse goes:

There's a monster in my room, we discussed movies over coffee
And I think it's quite absurd
Well, he got hungry, licked his lips, he shook my hand, and tried to eat me.
And it's getting on my nerves


My son Dustin really loved this song, so for Christmas I decided to do a painting about the song that features him! The painting also includes a delicious coffee cake that Dustin makes from time to time, and our very own Iron Maiden coffee mug. 

Here's a video I found on youtube featuring the song I spoke of. The video itself is not by the actual band though...entertaining none the less!