October 19, 2009

Weekend happenings

Hi all! Hope you had a fabulous weekend! My band had a big show with Dignan and The Rocketboys! Both bands are so talented and played excellent shows. I especially love The Rocketboys. We discovered them at Cornerstone this year, and I've been listening non-stop ever since.


Christa got us some wax lips and moustaches...too much fun!




Can you believe that I never had wax lips before Saturday? What a shame!

Anyway, here's a video I took of The Rocketboys. The lighting is awful but the music is delightful, so give it a listen!



For the show I wanted something new to wear, so I decided to make a zipper rosette necklace. Of course I know you have all seen these floating around the intro-net, so it's nothing new. I've been wanting to make one of these for a while, but couldn't find the right kind of zippers anywhere! My friend Stephanie gave me a HUGE bin of fabric, and these zippers just happened to be inside!


It actually was quite easy! Just swirl the zippers around to look like a flower, and stitch the back together as you go! I just found an old necklace chain and literally stitched the rosette to the chain. Very simple. Try it!

Through all business and fun, I actually haven't been feeling too hot. Headaches almost every day and terrible allergies! So, I'm going to go get to bed before my head pops. Good night!