January 27, 2011

Birthday Alterations!

Today is my birthday!! Woohoo! Even though we're going to celebrate over the weekend, I took today to do whatever the heck I wanted. I decided I would sort of "take the day off" from my norm, and shorten these dresses. I've been meaning to get to this for awhile now. It's so much fun!

This awesomely 90's dress, I got a few months ago at Goodwill. I haven't worn it yet, because it just had to be shortened.
Totally unflattering for my shortness. 
::before::
::after::

This dress I got at the Salvation Army a million years ago. I'm talkin at least 10 years ago. It's definitely a hand made vintage dress, all out polyester. When I first got it, it was way too long for me with these horrible ruffles at the bottom. My mom cut those off and hemed it up to be the right length. I wore it several times, but realized that shorter lengths suit me better. 
::before::
::after::
I love this dress, because it has always fit like a glove! I have a hard time finding things that fit me do to my strange proportions. 

Happy Birthday to me! Two new dresses!