January 4, 2011

Thrift Score!

Check out this amazing tin I thrifted the other day!
Thrift Score
I'm such a sucker for moths, butterflies and other pretty insects. I'm especially a sucker for the Cecropia Moth. They are absolutely gorgeous! Have you ever seen one of these in real life? They are huge and brilliant. When I was little, I had a butterfly and moth collection, and this one was one of my prized specimens.
Thrift Score
It doesn't stop there... The tin also included my /other/ favorite moth, the Io. I had one of these in my collection as well. These buggers are fast and almost impossible to catch. (Disclaimer: I don't know if I would collect butterflies and moths now days, unless I found them already dead.) I love the males especially because they have bright yellow wings.
Thrift Score
Of course the Monarch Butterfly. Classic.

Thrift Score
Buck Moths. So pretty.

Thrift Score
The Tiger Moth. I was so excited to find out (from the facts printed on the inside of the tin's lid), that the caterpillar for the Tiger Moth is a Woolly Bear! I love those little guys so much!
Next up, I thought I'd show you another random tin I thrifted a couple months ago.
Thrift Score
It was so incredibly retro, I just had to have it. It doesn't really go wtih my kitchen, but that doesn't bother me in the least.
Thrift Score
Thrift Score

Have you had any good finds lately?