May 3, 2011

My Saturday...

Last Saturday was an amazingly fun day, filled to the brim with art!
The time had come for the annual Art All Night in Lawrenceville, PA. It's an amazing event where anyone can enter one piece and it's absolutely free! So anyway, I had to drop off my work by 2:00, which meant I had several hours to kill. With gas prices, there's no way I was going to do the hour long trip back home! So I decided to go to the Carnegie Museum of Art! It was actually a gorgeous day for once, so I walked! (Holga pictures to come of my walk)

Ah Monet! (click to enlarge)
Saturday. . . ART!
Pierre-Auguste Renoir's The Garden in the rue Cortot
(favorite impressionist ever!)
Saturday. . . ART!
Jean-Léon Gérôme's Lion Snapping At Butterfly
Saturday. . . ART!
Jackson Pollock's Number 4
Saturday. . . ART!
Pascal Adolphe Jean Dagnan-Bouveret's Christ and the Disciples at Emmaus
Saturday. . . ART!
Detail shot: John Dickson Batten's Amoret in the Garden of Adonis
Amoret in the Garden of Adonis
Full painting pic found on flickr by: Lucius Kwok

I just love this museum so much. Their collection is lovely.
I wish I could go more often! 
Finally I headed back to Art All Night, via public transportation. Don't laugh...this was my FRIST time ever using the busses in Pittsburgh. I was a bit nervous, but made it just fine. What can I say, I'm an extreme introvert so these things are a big deal to me! 

Saturday. . . ART!
Found my painting! 
Saturday. . . ART!
(click to enlarge)
It was so jammed pack this year! Met up with my friend Jay, and browsed around for a while. Tons of great art. By the end of the day I was SO tired, I forgot to take very many pictures. I volunteered from 8:00 to 10:00. It was all I could do to make it to the end of my shift, I was so beat. 
Twas a good day.