January 11, 2012

Lately I've been...

Reading: The Hunger Games. Well, actually I finished the first book last night. This is the first time I've ever read a book BEFORE the movie comes out. I'm stoked! I'm also reading a book called "Made to Crave". It's about satisfying your deepest desire with God, not food. It also teaches healthy eating and lifestyle. It's quite fantastic.

Watching: 80's movies. Sometimes I like to watch Netflix on my phone while working out at the Y. I've been catching up on some movies that I've heard about my whole life, but never watched...such as Heathers, and Girls Just Want To Have Fun.  Also, at home we've been watching Portlandia

Listening: Ok fine. I've been obsessed with a few mainstream artists lately. I don't know why I have such a phobia against this (Dustin would say it's because I'm a hipster...LOL)! Anyway, I can't get enough of the new Florence + the Machine and Adele. Both of them have amazing voices that move me.

Eating: Super healthy. I'm tracking everything I eat on MyFitnessPal, and totally loving it. I've been doing Weight Watchers since 2005 and just really needed a change. I kept ketting off track. Travis has lost 40 lbs with MyFitnessPal. Now that Travis and I are on the same plan, it's making life so much easier!

Loving: Drawing every day. Well, it's a love/hate thing. But I'm definitely loving it more than hating. Sometimes I feel like there are no ideas left in the world...which is ridiculous! This is helping me get my creative juices going and flowing for good! I'm really loving this "group" that I'm in with other artsits who are also doing daily drawings. We share them and keep each other accountable. It's fantastic. (want to see my daily drawings? click HERE)

Looking Forward To: The Dominican Republic with MGM. From March 31st to April 7th, 2012, Dustin and I will be going on a missions trip to The Dominican Republic. When we're there, we'll be doing things like Vacation Bible School, medical and optical clinics, along with fixer-upper help...and I'll be painting a mural!
12-31-11
Daily Drawing from December 31, 2011