May 21, 2012

Art in Washington DC

Oh my...it has been over 15 years since I've been to the art museums in DC. I've been trying to get back down there for years now! We had a wedding in Virginia on Saturday, so we decided to extend the trip a little and hit DC area the day before! WOOHOOO!!

Untitled 
Outside the National Portrait Gallery...we wait for it to open. 
Giant PAC man! 
It was pretty darn cool.
There were several large video games you could try,
along with the entire history of gaming.
They had displays of every consol ever
 I especially loved to see my old friend, the Commodore 64. 
Yep. 
While Dustin was swooning for an extended period of time,
Travis and I looked through the Portrait Gallery.   
Of course my favorite: Michael.
Untitled Untitled 
Untitled 
There was so much to look at, I couldn't even begin to tell you about it. 
Yay! Untitled Untitled Untitled 
After we got through the Renaissance and French Impressionism, my eyes could not look at one more thing. I wanted to go on, but It just wasn't possible.  Ugh! I need to go there for an entire week, by myself.
That way I could spend an entire day in smaller sections. 
Untitled 
Our net mission was to eat at Ben's Chili Bowl, which was featured on Man Vs. Food. 
...as featured on Man Vs. Food. 

It was dang good...but suuuper expensive for a hot dog joint! We ended up spending $50 on the four of us! It was good...but I'm thinking $30 good. Hahah! 
This was Dustin's fourth "Man Vs. Food" adventure. Fun times. 

Metro.
We had some metro fun as well. Public transportation is always an adventure for me. Butler has a bus, but I don't really need to use it. It's such a novelty to me to ride the metro...hhaha. I'm sure if I lived somewhere where I had to ride it a lot, I would hate it. 

It was a fantastic day on Friday. Super tiring, but well worth it. 
Tomorrow, a day in Staunton VA, and a beautiful wedding.