March 7, 2013

We are knitted.

Two Friends
Photo by aknitterinqueens

You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous -- and how well I know it.  You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.
Psalm 139 13-16 (NLT)

Did you ever really think about this? If you've ever knitted before, you know that it is delicate and complex. There's great love and care that goes into it. If you're making a softie, you have to choose the weight of yarn, type, color, right down to the type of stuffing, and how much. There are endless possibilities!

The amazing thing is, WE were knitted together by the creator of the universe! What an amazing and detailed work each of us must be! Because of this, I have no problem saying I am an amazing work of art. I am unique and I am loved. I mean, the same God that made the entire universe and everything in it... made ME!  Now THAT is an amazing thing. The handiwork doesn't get any better than that. 

Amen right?