September 25, 2013

The Last Unicorn

On Sunday I got to do something so epic...in my eyes anyway! Travis and I went to see The Last Unicorn on the big screen and got to meet the author Peter S. Beagle. I don't know what it is about this movie, but when I watch it I'm a kid again. It has had a huge influence on me as a person and an artist. I used to watch it over and over, studying and admiring the art, and taking in the music. I used to draw unicorns over and over and over as a kid! I would love to have those drawings again! Maybe they will turn up someday. :)

Yessssssssss!!!!! #TheLastUnicorn

Before the movie began, the author did a Q&A session which was really interesting.
They also had prizes, alas I did not win any.
Untitled

We stood in line after to meet Mr. Beagle and of course I forgot to get a picture. I guess I was sort of star struck. LOL. I mean, being an introvert it took everything I had just to meet him in the first place! He was very sweet. Anyway, I ended up buying this extremely awesome hardback book full of amazing art. I had him sign both that and my 1978 paperback.
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

I'm not kidding, when this scene started, I cried like a baby. I hid it well...but it was hard. I had tears streaming down my cheeks. I couldn't help it. The nostalgia is so strong it just melts me into a big puddle of mush.


And this.


So guess what I'm reading right now! I feel totally ashamed to say, this is my first time reading this book.
So far it's amazing. How did I wait so long?
There is definitely The Last Unicorn related art in my future.
Untitled