August 10, 2015

18th Anniversary Ride!

Ghost Town Trail - Anniversary Ride

Hello! It's been WAY too long since my last blog post!
Over the weekend Travis and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary by riding a couple new trails! We started in Indiana, PA on the Hoodlebug Trail which connected to the Ghost Town Trail ending in Ebensburg, PA. We rode 45 miles to Ebensburgh on Saturday, spent the night, then 45 miles back to Indiana on Sunday. I don't have any pictures of the Hoodlebug trail, but for good reason. It wasn't very interesting and by far the bumpiest trail I have ever ridden. It was honestly horrible and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone! The Ghost Town trail was much nicer with lots of fun things to see.
Ghost Town Trail - Anniversary Ride

I especially loved the Black Lick Creek that ran along it.
Apparently there's so much iron in the water that the entire creed bed was orange!
Ghost Town Trail - Anniversary Ride Ghost Town Trail - Anniversary Ride

There were also a few furnace remains that were pretty neat.
Ghost Town Trail - Anniversary Ride Ghost Town Trail - Anniversary Ride 
Ghost Town Trail - Anniversary Ride Ghost Town Trail - Anniversary Ride Ghost Town Trail - Anniversary Ride

I also loved this abandoned bridge. It used to lead to a coal mining town which is no longer there. It's the only bridge from that time period that survived several major floods. We of course had to explore the actual bridge. It had several trees growing on it, but was very passable. It was a nice place to stop and have lunch!
Ghost Town Trail - Anniversary Ride Ghost Town Trail - Anniversary Ride

Right before the end of the trail in Ebensburg we found this fun graffiti for a little photoshoot. Notice my sweet new bike accessory! Travis got me a Buca Boot for our anniversary. It's like a trunk for your bike that locks and everything! I actually took my camera along since I had somewhere to carry it! It worked out great!
Ghost Town Trail - Anniversary Ride

Happy anniversary to my love! Here's to 18 years with many, many more adventures ahead!
Ghost town trail anniversary ride! #bike #ride #trail #ghosttown