January 26, 2016

My thoughts on "adult peer pressure"

Untitled

So when most people think about peer pressure, their thoughts lean towards kids or teenagers. I think that adults suffer from it equally or more than adolescents. I see it all the time. Here's an example. I constantly have people telling me how much they love my hair. Older ladies LOVE my hair! They are always saying "Oh I love that, I wish I could do it." My question is WHY can't you? A lot of these ladies are probably retired. If you don't have a job that holds you back, then what's the problem? So many people think they are "too old" to do things like that. Says who? Says society? Says adult life? I mean really... It's not hurting anyone. It's not morally wrong. It's not harmful to you or to others. It's simply fun and color. The same idea with clothes and style. Why don't people just wear what they like? Why are they so worried if it fits in to their age group or what's in style? I'm not saying I don't like things that are in style, I definitely do. But if I feel like wearing an outfit circa 2001, I'm gonna. People, please I'm begging you, just do what makes you happy! Don't worry about what other people think. You're not doing it for them, you are doing it for you. Ok, so maybe there's a chance people might think you're a little cray. LOL let them think it! Usually they are just jealous they aren't as bold as you. It's true, I do still have "adult peer pressure" from time to time. Sometimes I feel a little self conscious because I think people are judging me for my colorful style. I try to push it out of my mind, because it's who I am. I just have to hope that people can accept me for that.

It's possible that people are looking at me thinking "Gosh grow up already." I know I know. I'm going to be 39 years old tomorrow! I honestly don't give a flip. I'm over caring about what people receive as normal. If I look like a freak for the rest of my life, so be it.

So anyway. I don't know if this post is a pep talk for you or for me. Either way it's what has been on my mind lately. What are your thoughts?  Do you feel "adult peer pressure?" Tel me about it! I'd love to hear about your struggles, hopes and dreams.

Oh hey... and I got mermaid leggings!

Untitled