October 31, 2016

Halloween Shenanigans

So usually I'm not super into Halloween. A few years I didn't even come up with a costume! This year though, I had four parties and three costumes! I just thought I'd document a bit since it may never happen again. ;)

Untitled

My first costume: Frenchie from Grease. I wanted to come up with something that I could use my pink hair. I was so happy how the costume turned out, and how my hair looked. It is NOT easy to do your hair like that! I remember back in the late 80's how much time it took to do our big hair. I kinda think that was nothing compared to this era! Sheesh!

Untitled

Untitled

Our friends Jackie and Brian were the hosts of this particular party. HOLY COW their costumes were great! Evil-Lyn and Skeletor! They totally nailed it!

Untitled

The second costume: New Kids on the Block fan! I did this one on the fly with memorabilia I had hanging around the house. I made the buttons since mine were either lost or in the attic. It was so fun and didn't really feel like a costume at all. HAHA!! It's almost a normal look for me. ;)

Untitled

Lastly, Travis and I did a couples costume. I don't really know what it's called...Enthusiastic Oktoberfest couple!? This one was super fun. I had this handmade dress that my mom got from a lady she cleaned for. It had this weird sailor bib thing on it that I did NOT like. So I took the top part of the dress apart and got rid of it. Whipped up an apron, and found a few other accessories. Travis' costume we threw together in just a few minutes. His lederhosen is just suspenders with a cut piece of fabric stapled on! I honestly didn't think to have him join me with this costume until that very day. So as soon as he got home from work we threw it together for Reclamation's Happy Hour of Horrors. Fun was had by all!

  Untitled

Then once again, it was time for Dustin's annual Halloween Party at our house. So much fun! Everyone's costumes were fantastic! Of course I ate entirely too much food. I really couldn't help it. Holly made cupcakes and well... I had to eat one of each at least. The night ended by watching Troll 2, a must see for anyone who appreciates bad movies and/or train wrecks. ♥ ♥ 

Untitled

It's not even actually Halloween yet and all of our parties are over. Booo hooo!

I starting to have quite a little collection of costumes! I'm gonna have to find a nice storage bin, because the box I had them in is gonna be way too small after this year. Haha! You never know when you're gonna need a costume! I plan on wearing my Oktoberfest outfit next year at any and all appropriate events.

What was your costume this year?

I gotta start keeping an eye out a thrift stores for next year. It would be great to decide a whole year in advance so you have all that time to search. I don't know if I can make that kind of commitment yet. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something!