June 5, 2009

I'm still alive!

Hello everyone. I've been quiet here lately. It's a really crazy time of year for me. I honestly haven't been able to paint much and it's bringin me down! Things should start to clear up next week, so I'm looking forward to that!

I had a completely amazing day yesterday! I'll try to tell you the condensed story. Bryan Collins had some art that went missing fairly close to where I live. The paintings finally turned up and I had a chance to go retrieve them for him. So yesterday my husband and I drove out to Beaver, PA and recovered the paintings! I was so extremely excited because one of the paintings just happened to be my favorite of his called "The Third One in This." I was loving the fact I could gaze at it's glory in my very own home! Anyway, to make a long story short, my husband knew how much I loved the painting, contacted Brian, and arranged to buy it for our 12th anniversary!! What a surprise! Our anniversary isn't' until August 9th, but he wanted to take the opportunity now while the painting was still here! I am so blessed... not only did I get to help a fellow artist and brother, but my husband blew me away as well! I already know where I'm going to hang it and will post pictures as soon as I have it in place.

"The Third One in This"
20"x16" acrylic on linen
by Bryan Collins