December 31, 2009

2009...heck the whole decade!

I am overwhelmed when I think about that last decade. I'm speechless. If someone would of come back in time to the year 2000 and told me what my life would be like in 10 years and all that has happened..I don't know if I would of believed them!

Since 2000...
My husband and I bought a house
traveled to France, Belize (twice) and England
dove back into painting
Travis and I both had surgery on our backs
got a VW Beetle (my dream car)
played guitar in Seneca the Younger
learned to solve the Rubik's Cube
adopted Skooter and saw him pass (RIP Skooter...the most vibrant and crazy dog in the world)
adopted Neko Chan the Chihuahua (the cutest, tender and mild dog ever)
learned how to hula hoop and fire hoop
performed with the Brickhouse Hoop Troop for the Steel City Derby Demons halftime show.
had my first solo art show at The Art Center in Butler
joined Hand Drawn Mountains
quit my job and went "artist" (my DREAM job)


Not to mention having an amazing family and church family. Those are just the things I can think of off the top of my head! I feel so incredibly blessed. God has been so good. . . I mean, as /always/! I need to sit back and look at my blessings more often. So many times I feel like a failure. . . It's the silliest thing ever. So, one of my goals for the next year is to simply live my life to the fullest and be content where I am. God has brought me to this point, and given me everything I need. Period.

On a lighter note...here's a pictures from exactly 10 years ago. The New Years Even of Y2K. Wow! So funny to look back on that silliness! Not to mention my hair! AH!


Joanna, Michele, me & little Dustin

Have an amazing night tonight and a fantastic 2010!