December 30, 2009

some things

I love this time of year. The week between Christmas and New Years. I always reflect on the last year in amazement. So many unexpected things. It's especially fun this year with the turn of the new decade. I seriously can't believe how much life has chanced for me in 10 years time!!! As these things are collecting in my brain, I become very very thankful for how much I've been blessed. Amazement. More on this tomorrow.

Today I will share with you a sketch for the Cold Winter, Hot Jazz Exhibit at The Art Center in Butler. I really struggled to come up with something that would fit, but also be..."me". I'm excited to get started! It's been a while since I've had time to paint something specifically for a show at The Art Center.



I'm also excited to introduce a brand new print of my latest painting "Carved".
Until January 1st, it will be a special introductory price of only $10!
Get it through my Etsy Shop here!