January 19, 2011

White Chili

I will fully admit that I'm not the greatest cook, nor do I even like to cook, but there are a few things that I can make very well. White Chili is one of them. As you'll see it's SUPER easy and requires almost no cooking knowledge. That's the way I like it! It's super yummy and very healthy, only 138 calories per cup! For those doing Weight Watchers, it's only 3 points per cup (this is for the new points plus plan).
So here ya go...Enjoy!
White Chili
White Chili
White Chili
2 - 15 oz cans of white whole kernel corn (do not drain)
2 - 15 oz cans northern beans (rinsed & drained)
2 - 4 oz cans diced green chili peppers (do not drain)
2.5 cups water
1 tbsp. lemon pepper seasoning
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 clove garlic
2 cups chopped cooked chicken

Put it all in a crock pot, heat through.
Top with tortilla chips (I prefer baked) and cheese.
I also like to add a little red hot to taste!

Of course if you have access to fresh corn etc...use it! :D