April 27, 2011

Holga: My first try

I finally finished a roll of film with my Holga. Honestly I'm a bit disappointed with the results. Since it was my first try ever with a Holga, I will not give up hope! Anyway, why I am disappointed: Where are all the light leaks? Most of the pictures I took just look like regular "bad" pictures, not the kind I actually wanted! I got a few with a dreamy feel, but nothing that was anything special. Second, I realized that I took too many close up shots, which ended up cutting heads off. I need to remember for next time that the pictures will end up closer than what I see through the view finder.

So anyway...here's what I got.

(except for a few I'm saving for my 365 tree project)

First roll with my Holga
oops!!! Sorry Travis! 
First roll with my Holga
First roll with my Holga
First roll with my Holga
First roll with my Holga
First roll with my Holga
First roll with my Holga
By far my favorite picture of the batch. 
First roll with my Holga
First roll with my Holga
First roll with my Holga
My first try at Holga
So, does anyone have any Holga advice for me?