April 23, 2011

Sketchbook Circa 1993

I thought it would be fun to take a look at my sketch books from back in the day. I don't know if anyone else will even care about them, but they are very special to me. Somehow when I see my old sketches, it helps me remember things that I since would have forgotten...even the feelings from those moments.
Sketchbook 1993
I remember drawing this in the teen parenting room while in 10th grade.
Somehow art has always been therapy for me. 
Sketchbook 1993
My hubbie!!! ...only 5 years before he was my hubbie.
What a hottie with his long flowing hair! ;]
Sketchbook 1993
A drawing I did for Travis' band back in the day.
Sketchbook 1993
My first try at watercolor and ink sketching. 
If you keep a sketch book, do as I say: Always sign and date. NEVER tear pages out even if you hate what you have drawn. NEVER throw your sketchbooks away! Even if you don't like what's in them at the moment, if you keep them for the future you won't regret it. Trust me, it's worth it!