August 11, 2011

Death Cab For Cutie!

Over the weekend I got to see Death Cab For Cutie at Stage AE! This was the first time they had been to Pittsburgh in over five years, so it was pretty darn exciting. I had never seen them before, so it was one of those long awaited concerts for me.  
Ben Gibbard
Photo Credit: Hugh Twyman
I didn't get to take any real pictures, because all I brought was my phone. I did end up getting some video though! They actually played "Some Boys" which was not on the anticipated set list! WOOHOO!
I think that is my favorite song off the new album.
They were ...amazing. 

The night of this show, the new Batman movie was being filmed in Heinz Field, along with a sold out Pirates game at PNC Park. Stage AE is sandwiched in between these two stadiums pretty much. Pittsburgh was NUTS that night! Needless to say, I did a foursquare checkin to "Gotham Stadium" because I COULD! Buahha!