September 25, 2012

Currently.

My two favorites.
My two favorite boys together over the weekend. 
Reading: 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker. It's basically is the true story of how Jen (along with her husband and her children to varying degrees) took seven months, identified seven areas of excess, and made seven simple choices to fight back against the modern-day diseases of greed, materialism, and overindulgence. It's really been an amazing book so far. It really makes you rethink the way you live. 

Watching: Breaking Bad. I don't watch TV much at all, except a select few. Right now I've been watching Breaking Bad on and off with Dustin and his girlfriend Holly. We basically watch it any time we are all together. It's been increasingly hard to get together since Holly went back to school. I guess since I'm moving away in two weeks, I'll be on my own. :( We are only in season 2!

Listening to: Abel and their new album Make It Right. They are seriously one of my favorite bands. Their lyrics shoot straight to your heart. I have two favorite songs from the album. First A Grief Observed. If you are a married and a believer in Christ, this one is for you! Second, Fire Walk With Me. So good...just check it out!

Thinking about: The big transition I'm going to be going through within the next month. Next week, Dustin's two friends will be moving into our house here in PA. So for a week, I will be living with three boys! (AH! LOL!) Then the week after that, I will say farewell to this house, and move to Alexandria. I am really looking forward to it, but at the same time dreading all the emotions that seem to coming out. Slowly but surely, it's sinking in.  In between all of this, I have two craft fairs, one being my biggest of the year. I'm in full "crunch time" mode, along with trying to get loose ends tied up with the house. 

Loving: Spending time with Dustin these last few weeks before I move. Travis is already in Virginia, so it's just me and Dustin. Last night he locked his keys in his car in Pittsburgh. Normally I would be flaming mad, but this time I wasn't. It won't be long until I'm not here to take care of him in ways like this. I'll treasure the moments. 

Looking forward to: Getting settled in my new home and diving into some new art! This whole summer has been a whirlwind getting ready to move. I haven't been able to paint or really do anything creative. My new studio area is so bright and inspiring. I can't wait to get back to it! 

Making me happy: Just seeing all the ways the Lord has provided. When we found out we were going to move, there were SO many unanswered questions. I prayed and prayed. I knew that God would provide the answers...and he DID! Well of course!! :D

What are you doing currently?