September 26, 2012

Happy Crafternoon!

Yesterday I got to do a little sewing to complete my "to-do" list. Love it when your chores = crafty fun!
A few months ago, Spoonflower.com offered a free color map since they were changing their printing. I thought the piece of fabric was delightfully nerdy, and would have to made into something awesome. My bathroom (in my Butler home) was just remodeled, and needed a little curtain. Perfect!  I decided to go with a "Cafe Curtain" because it would still let a lot of light in, but also give privacy. SO EASY!

Crafternoon! Untitled
I used this tutorial video to make the curtains.
The only thing I did different, was actually sew the hems instead of using hem tape. 


Next, I took fabric left over from curtains that I got at Ikea, and made pillow cases!
So much better then the ugly old ones we used to have. 
Untitled Untitled
I used this video to learn how. LOVE the wonders of YouTube. 

Again...super super easy. 

What have you been working on?