June 19, 2013

Backyard Treasure

I can't believe I completely forgot to post about this! A couple of weeks ago when I was back home in Butler, my cousin Tim came and used his metal detector on our yard. It was pretty fun!

We found lots of pennies, nails and random scraps of metal.
Backyard Treasure

I thought this was pretty cool. It's a metal tube of "Bengue" which was from the 1920's.
It now days known as Bengay!
Backyard Treasure

A bunch of metal cars. The one on the left looks like it was pretty old.
The others I suspect belonged to one of the five kids that lived in our house before us.
Also...a couple times while digging for something metal, he found these plastic army guys by accident.
I bet there's like 100 in our yard.
Backyard Treasure

I was really excited to find this key! After posting about it on facebook, I found out it belonged to one of the kids that lived in the house before us. He said he used to pretend it unlocked a secret door in the basement before he lost it. Heheh!! I'm going to make it into a necklace!
Backyard Treasure

Tim in action!