August 22, 2013

Smashed Pennies!!

I've always loved smashed pennies. I've gotten a few through the years here and there. Just in the last few months I realized that you can get a little collector book and everything! It's on, let the hardcore collecting commence! After a little research, I realized there is a Smashed Penny website and an app for your phone!! Dustin and a few friends came to visit last weekend, so you know we had to tour around DC. Woohoo! I went nuts!

Smashed Pennies
These are just a few that I got. I saved only the newest, shiniest pennies for smashing! My collection grew by 10 pennies on Monday! Woohoo!

Smashed Pennies
These two were interesting to me. They are super old and retro looking. On the website, it says that there are plans to redo the Old Post Office in 2014 and they are not sure if the penny machine will still be there or not. Good thing I got to stop by!

Smashed Pennies
This is my entire collection so far. Not that big. Sigh! I've been to SO many places through the years. If only I would of known! Oh well. I'm sure I'll get plenty of opportunities for more. :D

Penny map
This is a screen shot of Washington DC from the PennyFinder app. When you collect a penny and mark it off, the pin turns green. So you can see how many you have, and how many you still need to get. Ugh! A lot of these museums are places you have to pay to get into, so I'm not sure if I'll get to them or not.