I've had these old vintage chairs for years. When we first got them, they were in decent condition, but through the years got tons of holes. I procrastinated on redoing them for so long. I was always afraid and unsure on how to do it! Finally, after moving back I had enough. No more sitting on duct tape and getting a sticky butt! I found beautiful laminated cotton on etsy and upholstery tacks on ebay and was on my way. I am SO SO SO pleased with the results. The chairs are so fun and totally me!
Before and after.
I made a little template to help with the back of the chair.
I just cut the fabric out a little bigger than the template so I could fold it under.
I was always scared of the upholstery tacks. I don't know why.
I guess I didn't know how they worked or how hard it was to use them.
Well, it's super easy! I didn't really measure the distance between them.
I just sort of eyeballed it and it looks great!
All though this project turned out awesome and was moderately easy to do, it was physically hard. HA! So much pulling, stretching and hammering. I definitely broke a sweat a few times, had some sore muscles and smashed my fingers a couple of times. Totally worth it!