May 8, 2014

Vintage Chairs Re-covered!

I've had these old vintage chairs for years. When we first got them, they were in decent condition, but through the years got tons of holes. I procrastinated on redoing them for so long. I was always afraid and unsure on how to do it! Finally, after moving back I had enough. No more sitting on duct tape and getting a sticky butt! I found beautiful laminated cotton on etsy and upholstery tacks on ebay and was on my way. I am SO SO SO pleased with the results. The chairs are so fun and totally me!

Vintage chair re-covered! 
Before and after.
Vintage chair re-covered! 
Vintage chair re-covered! 
Vintage chair re-covered! Vintage chair re-covered! 
I made a little template to help with the back of the chair.
I just cut the fabric out a little bigger than the template so I could fold it under. 
Vintage chair re-covered! Vintage chair re-covered! Vintage chair re-covered! 
I was always scared of the upholstery tacks. I don't know why. 
I guess I didn't know how they worked or how hard it was to use them.
Well, it's super easy! I didn't really measure the distance between them.
I just sort of eyeballed it and it looks great! 
 Vintage chair re-covered! Vintage chair re-covered! 
All though this project turned out awesome and was moderately easy to do, it was physically hard. HA! So much pulling, stretching and hammering. I definitely broke a sweat a few times, had some sore muscles and smashed my fingers a couple of times. Totally worth it! 

Vintage chair re-covered!
Neko approves!